Skydive Algarve is looking for a new member of staff to join our administrative team at Portimão Airfield, southern Portugal. The purpose of the position is to contribute to the smooth running of the Reception and Daily activity, ensuring efficiency during the reservation and check-in process of each client, maintaining a high level of customer service at all times and increasing sales. We are looking for someone with a positive attitude, previous experience in a similar job, hard worker and a team player. Able to carry general administrative tasks, related to sales, invoicing, accounting, maintaining and controlling stocks and, small marketing and promotion tasks on our social media platforms or at other locations in the Algarve. Passion for sports and outdoor activities will be a bonus for you to fit our team.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks include:
- Dealing with customer inquiries on the phone, via email & in person;
- Taking reservations for tandem skydives and experienced jumpers;
- Data entry, maintaining and updating records and diaries on our internal systems;
- Liaising with third party agencies;
- Checking customers in on arrival at the Dropzone/Reception;
- Sales, payments and invoicing;
- Resolving issues and complaints;
- Back-office tasks related to accounting, shop inventory, orders, and general office organization;
- Promotional work;
- In addition to the above, there may be a need to work at other locations, during promotional actions in the Algarve or occasionally abroad.
Experience / Skills / Attributes Required:
- Eligible to work in Portugal;
- Fluent (written and spoken) in Portuguese and English, other languages will be a plus;
- Must possess an European driver’s license
- Approachable, welcoming, friendly and enthusiastic;
- Previous experience in administrative work;
- Ability to work in a challenging non-standard office environment, where the working hours and days change with each season (flexibility for rotational schedule);
- Good people skills to maintain a high level of customer service and to communicate well with co-workers and work in a team;
- Highly organized, proactive and able to multitask;
- Excellent numerical, written and interpersonal skills;
- Good time management skills and a sense of responsibility;
- Ability to remain calm working under pressure;
- Knowledge of skydiving is not required as training will be provided.
If you feel you have what it takes to become part of the Skydive Algarve team, we would love to hear from you!
To apply please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject: Admin Recruitment Skydive Algarve